Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Card Challenge - Focus - Reason for the Season

The Card Challenge this month is a focus challenge which is the Reason for the Season.  I selected a Santa and baby Jesus image and a sentiment by MelonHeadz Illustrations.  I made the sentiment the same color as Santa's suit. Then I arranged the digital images and then color printed them on white card stock.  I then cut the card stock with the SU! Top Note die.  I found card stock to coordinate with the halo on Jesus' head. I cut it slightly smaller than the card front and embossed it with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.  This was adhered to the cherry red card front. I then added a piece of black gross grain ribbon just below the middle of the card and taped the ends to the inside of the card.  I mounted the top note to the card front with 3D foam tape. I nice quick card.  I have about 140 cards made with this final challenge of the year.  I need about about 160 so I will have to visit a few more ideas. I hope you have your cards made. I will host another challenge in 2013.  Keep an eye out for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.