Monday, December 17, 2018

Mosaic Monday - Recent Photos

I do have my Christmas wreath on the front door.  I updated it this year with a vintage glass ornament. It is deep red with gold dots and has a matte finish.

I used a clear wreath hanger since I don't have a gold one which would work best.

I am still working on the decorations on the inside.













I recently finished another Maeve Binchy book called the The Copper Beech which is the tree in the Shancarrig school yard.  The book follows several young people who have carved their initials in the bark of the tree.  Eddie becomes a pen pal to someone in Scotland. They share many interests and letters go back and forth between them.  They eventually share telephone calls but only after he discovers that he has been writing to the "girl".  She eventually comes to visit Ireland and decides to stay!

I broke down and bought the lastest Kate Morton book - The Clockmaker's Daughter.  It is as epic as her previous books.                                                                 It involves a long abandoned mansion, families in recent history as well as many years ago and some delightful mysteries involving a blue gem.                                                                    It is written in the from the Clockmaker's Daughter point of view who lived in the house.  I resisted just reading day and night but I have to admit the last half was consumed with little eating and a few bathroom breaks.                                         The colorful tile was a purchase at the art show in early December.  It is art by Val Enders. 

It is decorated with a process called Alcohol Ink Painting.  It is 3x6 inches.  The color is vibrant and gorgeous!  It seems that it may have a clear coat over the paint to protect it.  

It has a hanger on the back which allows it to be hung and enjoyed.

I bought this little metal yellow bicycle last week.  It was filthy but after a soak in soapy water and some tender care with an old toothbrush it was bright and shiny.

I am working on scenarios to place into for my photography.  I think a white picket fence would be great or a nice tree like the front of the Binchy book cover.

I am sharing with Mosaic Monday #7 hosted by Angie at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf.


8 comments:

  1. Both those books sound interesting. That bicycle cleaned up good! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...a great modern wreath, I've never seen a frame like this before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia - your simple wreath is elegant and classy, and I like the idea that you can easily change its decorations every year. I made a note of your book recommendations, as I always do - in looking for other Kate Morton books that you have recommended, I came across one called The House at Riverton. It was pretty good. Thanks for joining Mosaic Monday, and a happy last week of Advent to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I enjoyed your post a lot. Your sophisticated wreath and cute metal bike have sparked my imagination to think about what I might create. Thank you! :-) Joy of the season to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad for your recommendation of The Clockmaker's Daughter, for I have had a hard time getting into the book. I'm not very far in and don't enjoy the perspective of the ghost. When I'm off for Christmas I hope to sink my teeth into it and hopefully enjoy the story. This is unusual, because I normally devour Kate Morton's books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have the Clockmaker's Daughter on my Christmas wish list, so I wonder if I will get it - if not I will borrow it from the library. I was going to make a new wreath for my door this year, but instead went back to last years. Have a lovely Christmas and thank you so much for visiting my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of our DILs has a real yellow bike that she rides all over and a painting of one that she found (a primitive painted on an old window frame) ...so your find reminds me of one of my favorite people in the world! Can’t wait to see what you do with it! I love the colors on your other purchase too. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas wreath is really simple & elegant <3 Wishing Happy & Healthy 2019!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.