Thursday, February 28, 2019

Photo Blogging Challenge - Feb - Glasses

1. Here's a collection of clear glasses in my collection.

A tall champagne glass, then my every day water glass for the start of my 16oz of water each day, a crystal wine glass, a small crystal shot glass and a vintage cut glass drinking vessel.

I lit them from the front so I achieved a nice shadow.








2. An original Bodum Presso 10 Ounce Double Wall Glass with Silicone Grip. Of course the fact that the silicone was yellow was appealing to me.  

I filled with Chamomile tea which I like to have at the end of the day to wind down before bed.


3. NAVAN glass
This is a glass which was one of 2 in a gift set included in the purchase of NAVAN Liquor.

Navan is made from the blending of cognac and
vanilla beans from Madagascar.

It has not been produced since 2010.

I received a set of 2 when my Mom and Dad downsized a few years ago.  The bottle of liquor is gone.  He likely received as a gift somewhere along his career.

I love how the yellow is in the base and travels up the glass to the rim.  I placed some marbles to give a focal point.


4. Sunglasses with really reflective lens.

The brand is Dazed and Confused which I found to be an interesting name.

It is important to wear sunglasses all year long even in winter as the snow can be very bright and your eyes still protection.





5. These are my 3D glasses that I received for "free" when I went to see "Avatar" with a group of friends in December 2009.

It is such a great movie and the 3D effect was wonderful to see in a big theater.

Joining the February Photo Blogging Challenge hosted by P.J. at A L'il Hoo Haa.

5 comments:

  1. Nice collection of glasses for all occasions. The NAVAN one is very interesting and I like the way you photographed it. I love the pink sunglasses....and want them!! Hope your week has started well.
    https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2019/02/28/february-photo-challenge-glasses/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, artistic presentation! :) The NAVAN glass with the marbles was my favourite. It Sounds like a delectible liqueur. Too bad it's been discontinued. "Dazed and Confused" is a Led Zeppelin song. Those sunglasses would make anyone look like a rockstar. :D More and more movies are coming out in 3D now. They have come a long way since the early days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun and interesting photo subjects....I’m drinking the last glass of my daily water requirement as I read blogs just now, so I smiled at your drinking glasses remark. It is important to me to have the right glass ! I admire people who do such beautiful responses to challenges such as this one,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvia - you have a way with light that is intriguing to me. Perpetually, I run into my own shadow in photos … you are an inspiration. An artist! I hope the season of Lent brings you peace and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good set of photos for the challenge. I didn't expect to see two with 3D glasses, but there they are! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.