Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Recent Photos

I captured this rose on my walk the other morning.  It is a new plant in the neighbour's yard.

I am guessing the name of this one is Gemini based on my web research.

Loved the way it was hidden away a bit behind another blossom but I captured it in good focus.

Roses are such a summer flower.  They bring color and scent into our world.







I have been sewing!

I made bags to carry reusable dishes to a family event this weekend. 

It is made of polyester fabric in  my favorite colors navy and yellow.  I added a bit of an accent on the right. The square was cut 12.5 to 13 inches square. A zipper was added at the top.  It was turned right side out and the edges were top stitched.  
It holds my plate, bowl, glass, cutlery, my stainless steel straw  and a cotton napkin.  The bag can be used as my place mat if needed. 

I made a couple of extras.  These feature a microfiber towel and polyester fabric.















We are working on less waste so maybe we can make these with the quilting group as a fund raiser.  An idea.



I was to visit my niece last week and we sorted through bags of fabric she had been donated.

There were lots of lycra fabric which we set aside for the ReUse center.  My sister called and was looking for an alternative to making throw away name tags for a family event.  I said there is this bag of colorful fabric.  I cut them into 1 inches strips and when stretched they roll into nice cording. We have lanyards for name tags! 

You can't beat the colors.


Another good shot of a Yellow Warbler.  This one seems smaller than usual so he may be a juvenile born this year.

They are so hard to spot these days but they sure can be heard.

You can see he is singing his heart out.













A few things that came my way as I celebrated with family and friends last month.

A stainless steel water bottle which will come in handy. My favorite tea - Masala Chai, a tea infuser, a china tea cup and Stampin Up Tea stamps and the matching Framelits to cut out the die cuts. 

I did go out for special lunches as well and I did have DQ ice cream cake a couple of times.




2 comments:

  1. I was taken with the Navy/Yellow combination...beautiful together on that bag ...I like both colors so much, but haven’t seen them together. last month must have been your birthday? Happy Belated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - does this mean it was recently your birthday? If so, belated happy birthday! That rose picture is heavenly - well done! I am sure the bush is the envy of the neighborhood! The yellow warbler is such a handsome bird, with those reddish streaks on the breast. We have them here and I treasure seeing and hearing them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.