Monday, July 15, 2019

Recent Photos

This is a flax flower at the community garden.  

Love the gorgeous color and delicate various shades.

This is a name tag provided at a family event this weekend.  The person in charge wanted to make a tag that would not end up in the garbage. 

A piece of white fabric sewn to bright fabric.  I cut pieces of lycra fabric in super colors strung through the holes. 

The names were written with permanent markers.  This one just fit on my wrist and made it totally visible.



This is the seed head of the Yellow Salsify plant. 

It looks like a giant dandelion.

The seed head measures about 4.5 - 5 inches across.  They are gorgeous and wonderful when intact.

I saw the flowers in the river valley a couple of weeks so I know to keep an eye out for the seed heads.   They showed up a bit battered with all the rain we are getting.  I say flowers out again so I will have to wait a bit for new seed heads.
This is one seed from the seed head of the Yellow Salsify plant.

The seed was set against a white background and lit with a warm light.  I wanted to capture the ring of light around the center of the seed.

This is an alternative image for the Flickr Macro Monday challenge - Patterns in Nature


You can check my Flickr Photostream for my recent photos.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, Sylvia, especially the last one. It looks almost made of gold with the light. Flax flowers are so pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - I have seen these seed heads in the meadows, but I did not know the name of the plant. Two amazing pictures of the seeds! Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.