Monday, November 2, 2020

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I captured the seed pods of the Field Pennycress last week on one of my walks.

I love how the sun backlit the pods and the seeds are so visible.

We still have nice weather and super temperatures so walking is still good.

Several days have been very overcast so not so great for photography.

This is the second book I have read by Patrick Taylor. This one set is later than the first one I read but this is book one in the series.

The practice has been purchased by Dr. Fingal O'Reilly the intern that came to work with the original doctor.  Now, a new intern named Dr. Barry Laverty comes to practice medicine in Ballybucklebo.  Mrs. Kinky Kincaid continues to be the one to keep the doctors fed and generally the house organized.

The young doctors starts to learn the human side of practicing medicine.  How who the patient is dictates to some degree what medicine is needed. Dr O'Reilly has some very creative approaches and Dr. Laverty brings some new medicine to the practice.   Great book and high recommend it.  

What a wonderful book - The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry.  

A man who recently retired gets a letter from an old friend which prompts a walk across England.  He believes as long as he walks she will live. His adventures, lessons learned, and troubles are included in this story.  

There are a few surprises along the way.  I loved reading about well know English locations as he passed through. 

I would highly recommend this book.

I have decided to add a savory snack to my list of regulars.

After considering hulled sunflower seeds which would disappear too quickly I revisited sunflower seeds in the shell.  These will not disappear so quickly as I have to work to get the goodies inside.

I have been hoping to buy a large bag but was only able to 210 g / 7oz bags so far.  I manage to keep to my 1/3c serving at a time which takes about 20 minutes to eat.  Then I am satisfied and move on to whatever else I am supposed to do.

Loving it!


Leaves from my walk recently.  I put the Swiss Chard one in there for the fun of it.  

Amazing how things continue to grow.


Sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #103 and Mersad who hosts Through My Lens #264.

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia - I agree with you about the first picture - simple AND stunning. Some years ago I read the Harold Fry book - I absolutely loved it. Maybe I should read it again. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday, and I hope you continue to have some nice days to get outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunflower seeds and pistachios, I buy IN the shell, this way I am less likely to down the bag full. Which would be far too many. Love the photo of the seedpods.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.