Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Birthday Tag

I made a tag for a joint gift for my niece who has a birthday in April.

I started with the QuicKutz Sewing Machine 4x4 thinlit.  The die cuts all the pieces which needed to be assembled.  It meant cutting once for each of the 4 colors - the body of the machine from olive green, feed dog plate, pressure foot and buttons in black, the other adjustment buttons in taupe, the spool of thread in black and red.  

I placed a piece of packing tape on a hard surface and slowly placed the pieces in place sticking them to the tape.  Once all the pieces were in place I used an exacto knife to trim the excess tape from around the outside edges of the die cut.

I then cut the tag with the Tim Holtz Cabinet die one kraft embossed with the SwissDots folder and one ivory.  I used the Crop a dile to make a hole in the top.  I adhered the sewing machine die cut to the tag with 3D foam tape.

I ran a length of red twine through the hole and it's ready to be attached.

The HB diecut was received in a swap so I have no credits.

It is very cute but a lot of work which explains this is the first time I have used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.