Monday, April 26, 2021

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I found some Blue Squills this morning in a neighborhood front garden.  They only last for such a short time.

They are very small and such a wonderful color.  

It helped my to feel optimistic about spring coming and other flowers coming along.  

Photography has changed for me this spring because our COVID numbers are high. We have a few people resisting the transmission measures in place so I can't go places I did last year.

It means my number of good photos is down and I have to adjust.

 

 

I had an outdoor visit with my sister last week and she brought me a spider from my niece.  It hangs in the bedroom where the African Violet was before it just died.  It is a north window so I think it will do well there for now. Maybe it was over watered.  I would like to try again but this plant gives me some green above my sewing machine which is wonderful. 

The basil plant has it's second leaves so I am optimistic about it's survival for now.


 

 

We had construction at our building all of last week with a few days of water shut down and one day with power shut down.   Makes being at home more of a challenge and going out with COVID numbers is scary also.  Tough spot to be in. 

I believe it continues this week to put the ground back to what it was before the tear up.

It has solved problems so that is always appreciated.

  

I took my camera to a new area the other in hopes that it would have less people around.   It was good and I saw the river from a different point of view.

I captured the bend in the river.  There is still a bit of ice along the banks.  The water is much lower than it should be so there will be drought for our farmers, food growers, and gardeners this year.



 


I have needed a new mattress and pillow for a while but with  COVID had not pursued the purchase.

Ten days or so ago I had completed my on-line research and took the plunge to actually visit the store to see the mattress I was interested in.

It was wonderful because there were no other customers there during  my visit. One salesperson who was masked and sanitized all that was needed.  I did purchase a mattress protector and a new pillow as well.  The delivery was delayed by the construction our front of the building and we managed to get up to the my suite before the power was to be shut down.  Excellent.  The guys were great!  Wrapped the old one in the wrapping of the new one and it is gone.  It took about 10 minutes in all.  

The pillow is humongous but it works very well.  I am happy with my purchase and the service received from the store.  The mattress is 2 inches taller than the old one so now I cannot sit on my bed and have my feet touch the floor.  Makes me think of the Princess and the Pea with mattress stacked very high.

The challenge at Flickr Macro Mondays this week was forks.  This challenge could have been quite boring but we have had some creative shots taken.  You can check my Flickr photostream (SMDPics) to see the shot I submitted.

 I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #128 and 

 Mersad who hosts Through My Lens #286.

 Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen blue bells in person but I'd love to - such a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - the Blue Squills are precious!!! I am sorry to hear that you are still feeling restricted by COVID. We were looking at vaccination rates by country today and I was quite surprised to see that Canada is pretty low, comparatively. Hang in there, and thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your Covid situation, it all sounds very trying without water and power as well. Here's to spring and pretty flowers brightening the days. You are the second blogger today I have read has splashed out on a new mattress, picturing you like a Princess enjoying the high life!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are being careful with Covid. This surge has been quite large here in BC, too. Things are slowly turning around. This week we get our vaccinations. The fork photo is striking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.