Monday, June 21, 2021

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I met my Aunt at the University of Alberta Botanic Gardens this week for a photo trip.  We had to book online due to COVID restrictions and limit our time at the garden.

It is a huge place but we managed to get most of the places within the garden we wanted to visit.

I spent some time in the Japanese Garden.






The White Anemones were blooming and quietly swaying in the gentle breeze. 

We had perfect weather for our visit.  Being in shirt sleeves at 10:00 am.  I did put my sunscreen on as I missed earlier in the week and caught some color.

This was a great book - Woman of a Thousand Secrets by Barbara Wood.

A story of a young girl found in a basket on the ocean.  Adopted and raised on the Caribbean Islands before Europe discovered them.  To help save her father she journeys to the mainland in search of a red flower.  She finds people who look like her - fair and tall. She finds fellow travelers some of which are friends and some are foes. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

It was a week with a special birthday for me.

I shared the day with my sister.  We had a bubble wand, hotdogs and ice cream cake. The best!
 

I received this art for my walls this week.  It is a digital drawing done by my aunt. 

Corvus Brachyrhynchos is  a digital drawing which I thought was wonderful.  It almost looks like a photograph.

I found a frame to put it in and placed it on the shelf in my bedroom.

Since I missed my post last week I finished this book as well.  In the Midst of Winter by Isabel Allende.  I have read another book of hers in this post.   This one takes place in New York City during a big snow storm.  A gentleman of a certain age has an adventure with a lady from Chile and young woman from Guatemala.  Each of them have to venture out of their comfort zones to address the crisis in which they find themselves. 

They grow as people, become closer almost family and stay true to their values in difficult circumstances.

I enjoyed the book.

The challenge for Flickr Macro Monday this week was matchstick.  Not a very broad subject matter.

You can check out my Flickr Photostream (SMDPics) to see the image I submitted.

I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #136 and Mersad who hosts Through My Lens #294.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Sylvia - glad you had some time with your aunt at a lovely garden. A spectacular shot of the white anemone ... If it was your birthday, belated happy birthday! And thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.