Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Slow Stitching Fabric Collage

This is my Boxing Day project.

I am thinking of doing a slow stitch fabric collage project.  It will be fairly large so I thought I would dip my toe and see what it was like.

This piece is about 6x6 inches.  I used some yellow thread from Mom's stash. It is quite heavy compared to embroidery thread.  My needles leave a little bit to be desired. Too thick but the second one was pointy enough.

I dipped into the small stash of fabric I gathered for the large project.  I chose fabric, lace, yarn, and felt.


It took about 6 hours to do this piece.  

I am happy with it. I did not baste the pieces to begin with but that is very important on hind sight.

The middle stage is quite chaotic looking so you just have to move forward and add the other bits.  I was tempted to add buttons but until I know where it will be used I will refrain from adding that kind of texture. I did add a layer of white fabric to cover the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.