Sunday, February 11, 2024

Card - Slow Stitching - Daisy

My first card with a slow stitching element.

The background is a slow stitching piece measuring 3.5 x 4.75 inches featuring black, navy and yellow pieces of fabric. The stitching was done with regular sewing thread in a color matching the fabric.

I stitched a daisy on the black slow stitching fabric.  I first cut a piece of organza into a 2.25 inch circle.  I then stitched the flower with golden yellow thread. I added a yellow button in the center.

I then stitched the stem and leaves with a bright green thread with a stem stitch.  

I added ground with thread rows of  running stitches in brown thread.

I then added blades of grass in three different shades of green.

The daisy layer was adhered to the front of a golden yellow card with 2 bands of double sided tape.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.