After a visit with my aunt on Saturday where she mentioned she would like to try free motion stitching I say I would check the box and see if there was a darning foot.
There was!
Would it work? She had a Singer machine and some of the accessories were Singer. They connected differently than my Bernina machine.
I decided that I should at least try free motion stitching myself before I offered to help her.
I had a darning foot for my machine. So I watched a few videos.Then I dug into my box of scraps and prepared a sandwich of a foundation layer, a piece of cotton batting and then scraps on top to make something pretty.
I started with small pieces that if they worked out could be used for stitched cards.
It is very different. It will take a bit of practice to make the stitching pretty.
I have enjoyed the process and the backgrounds have worked out well. I learned I should start bigger and trim later as the stitching does shrink the piece. Grippy gloves would really help.
Well, here are the four pieces I managed over several days.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.