I continue to make my bottle bags in order to be ready for the Christmas season.
On this bag I started with a piece of beautiful African 100% cotton fabric. Dutch veritable wax Hollandais African fabric printed by Vlisco in Holland. Both sides were very good like batiks. I got the piece from RU and it was just the right size to get a bag from it.
I wanted the dark band at the top of each side of the bag. I could have cut the pieces 15.00 inches and stitched them together to make my 29" pieces but I forgot. I then had to cut a piece of border 4.5 inches wide and sew it onto the other end of both pieces. Now I have edge banding at the top all the way around the bag.
I quilted the bag to the flannel layer along the dark brown diagonal lines with brown thread so it does not show at all but helps to keep the layers together.
Outer - African 100% cotton fabric
Batting - Grey flannel 100% cotton
Lining - Ivory polyester lining fabric
The strap is cut 12" x 4". The left and right ends are folded in then the strip is ironed in half lengthwise. It is opened and the long edges are folded into the center and ironed. Then I top stitch all the way around.I laid my finished strips perpendicular to each other perfectly centered and sewed my bottom closing the spaces in the seam which I used to turn it right side out. I then top stitched my side seams.
The strap/handle is attached with a secure Z stitching on the sides of the bag.
I added "My Bag" tag sewn on with yellow thread.
I added a yellow and brown button accent on the right hand side on the edge band.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.