Thursday, September 24, 2026

2026 Slow Stitching Project - Page 38 - S2 - Sashiko Stars

This is my piece for K3N Cloth Tales' 2026 Slow Stitching project - A to Z.

This week was community choice for S and K chose Sashiko Stars. Brilliant.

I took a piece of thin denim which was quite light and I dyed it darker. I added a dark foundation layer which was invisible basted. 

I tried to follow K's instructions but something went wrong.  I used a white fabric pencil to mark my center dots every inch. Offset the second row.

I chose a thin white crochet cotton and my long Sashiko needle.  Worked really well.

I managed the horizontal and vertical but got lost on the diagonals.  I just finished the stars individually rather than stringing across the fabric.

Looks the sameish.  Loved this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.