Monday, September 14, 2026

Needle Minders - Set 3

Needle minders are a tool that allows you to park your needle when you stop working on your stitching and not have it go missing. We all have been there. They have a powerful rare earth magnet in them that it needs to be kept away from electronics, kids and pets.
I did try several approaches which involved placing the magnet in fabric but it lessened it's effectiveness to much for my liking. I then did a deep dive in my metal storage bins to see what was there. It yielded some goodies. Of course, some of the metal I had was not steel and was not attracted to the magnet at all.

How to Use the Needle Minder: Placing the magnet against the front fabric of your project just place the other on the back of your fabric. When leaving your stitching for a bit just place your needle in the center of the minder and it will be there when you get back.

Packaged it in cellophane and stapled on a header.



For this needle minder I glued a rare earth magnet to the back of the front heart.  

I added a string of purple beads to let the user know which one had the magnet.  I let the glue dry over night.

I chose ivory Aida cloth measuring 2.75" W x 5" T.  I added a frame stitched in purple thread to the bottom half of the cloth.

I added a purple head pin




For this needle minder I chose a bronzed colored circle brad and cut the prongs on the back to leave just enough space for the 1/4" rare earth magnet. I glue the magnet in place.

I chose a warm grey button that fit in the cup of the back brad once the prongs had been removed.  I glued the button in place. I let these dry overnight.

I chose ivory Aida cloth and stitched a turquoise frame onto the cloth.

I added a turquoise head pin.

For this minder I chose a bronzed colored metal circle brad, trimmed the back prongs just enough to leave a space for the 1/4" rare earth magnet. I glued it in place.

I removed the prongs from the back of the second brad and glued in the cup a creamy white button.  These were left to dry over night.

I chose a navy blue fabric and stitched a frame with navy thread which does not show so I added a pink one too.

I added a pin head pin.



For this minder I chose a bronzed colored metal circle brad, trimmed the back prongs just enough to leave a space for the 1/4" rare earth magnet. I glued it in place.

I removed the prongs from the back of the second brad and glued in the cup a creamy yellow button.  These were left to dry over night.

I chose a bright warm colored fabric with yellow highlights.  I stitched a frame around the edge in yellow thread. 

I added a yellow head pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.