Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Note Cards - Slow Stitching

I am so happy how this little lion turned out.

I was needing more cards for the AAC Gift Shop and remembered these backgrounds I had made during my experiments with free motion stitching.

Pink and blue by chance only but what about kid cards.

That is why I chose a lion with a bright mane on this medium blue background.

I cut the body from a bit of cotton and stitched it on with running stitch.  

I chose various colors in the mane and made it very full. 

I added a tail in same colors. I mounted on a Pacific Point A2 card base with a half sheet insert to hide the stitches on the inside.

I found this scrap of fabric with a red poppy on it - might work well for Remembrance Day.

I layered it with a foundation layer and added stitching to highlight areas in the print.

I added a strip of olive green flannel to the bottom of the poppy layer and topped it with a red satin ribbon which is held in place with tiny stitches.

I stitched the art piece to a Real Red A2 card base.  The insert is half sheet to cover the knots on the inside.

A white envelope is included.
 
On the pink background I decided to add an owl.

I had to color the light colored fabric using my Inktense colors.  I was wanting it to be a bit more chocolatey but it is what it is.

I cut my owl shape and added brown felt wings to the sides, eyes with felt and yellow buttons, a beak and feet in yellow felt. 

I bit of feathery shapes on it's front along with a brown branch to stand on.

The art piece was stitched to a pink A2 card base. Half sheet insert and a white envelope.

These were dropped off the to gallery today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.