Sunday, August 14, 2011

Card - Bird Cage

I used some mellow yellow cardstock and stamped a background with Ancient Page Sienna ink using some swirls and dotted stamps. I rubbed the edge of the card with the sienna pad. I cut a Tim Holtz bird card die cut in a sienna cardstock and chalked it would dark brown. I used a black marker to define the ring at the top. I distressed some green crochet cotton with the sienna ink pad. I cut the bird from dark brown cardstock and added a eye and beak in black marker. I glued him with his beak coming through the bars and his wing stick out. I added a Sizzix leafy branch in always artichoke and glued it to the cage. Punched some ivory flowers that were chalked with brown, orange and yellow. I pressed the edges of the flowers in the dark brown inkpad to add some contrast to the edges against the yellow card. Two were glued to the card/cage and the center one was mounted with 3d foam tape. I made 2 of these cards for my exchange group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.