Monday, August 29, 2011

Card - CST Challenge #16 - Summer Inspired

Sunflowers are my favorite and a great summer flower. I started with a photo of a sunflower I took at Muttart Conservatory on Friday. I printed it and cut it out with my Nestabilities circles, then cut a yellow circle a bit larger and then a corresponding circle scallop in brown. I placed this central element on a ginger colored card. I found some fiber in my bucket which matched. I have notched both sides of the card edges to accommodate the chunky fiber tied around the front of the card. I add a sentiment stamped on a SU word window punchie in Chocolate Chip ink. Held in place with a bit of adhesive and a tiny copper brad. I added the copper butterfly cut with my Spellbinder die. I added a bit of dark brown to the body. Rubbed my ink pad along the edges of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.