Monday, January 27, 2014

Card Club - Jan - Crocus Get Well

I made this card around the beautiful crocus paper. ( I hope spring is around the corner.) I cut the paper down to the regular 4.00" x 5.25" size.  I should a deep green paper ribbon to put across.  The ends were taped to the back of the paper. I adhered it to a great yellow card which works with some of the blooms in the paper. I color printed the greeting and punched it out with the Stampin Up! Decorative Label punch.  I punched 2 butterflies with the Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punch. One from the same off white card stock as the greeting then a dark purple one to create the shadow. I just applied glue to the center of the light one so the wings would be free. I did lift the wings of the lighter one but lost the effect when I scanned the card.  The greeting is adhered over the ribbon on the left hand side and the 2 silk flowers are held in place with a purple brad.

I did make some of these kits with sympathy greetings.  I also chose deep purple and Kiwi Kiss green for some of the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.