Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cards for Mom - Post it Birds

I made some of these bird cards for my Mom.  I've made some before which you can see here.  These are the cutest post it notes you ever saw.  I'm so glad I picked them up when I saw them.
On this card with the blue bird I used the some Karen Foster designer paper but selected cherry cobbler card stock.  A strip of old olive across the bottom with a Stampin Up Small Leaves sizzlet in white. The wing was cut with the Cricut and the Create a Critter cartridge then I embossed it with the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl folder.  I added a definition to the beak with a white gel marker and used a white brad for the eye.

For the purple bird I selected some Echo Park Paper Co. designer paper. It's soft muted tones worked well.  It's double sided so I cut it at 3.5" and flipped the smaller piece.  I added a strip of blue green card stock with the other details mentioned above being the same.

For the pink bird I chose some Renae Lindgren designer paper by Imaginations.  I chose a deep olive green card stock with matched very well with the paper.  Same details as above.

These are great cards which can be used for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.