Thursday, September 11, 2014

HB - Indie Chic - Nutmeg Card

This is the card I made for my niece who is celebrating a birthday this week.   I used the Sizzix Framelits Die - Card, Royal Flip-its which I recently acquired.  The designer paper I used is My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Nutmeg "Hanging Out" Roses. This is the flip side.  This card was not cut to flip.  I used a regular brown card.  I cut the DSP with the one piece from the set and then the matching yellow card stock with the matching piece. These were adhered to the card front.  I then ran a piece of yellow gross grain ribbon across the center horizontally through a slit in the fold of the card on the left and taped the ends to the inside of the card.  I created the accent with the many coordinating framelits in the set.  Larger in the same brown as the card, the next layer same yellow.  This framelit applies the texture you see and leaves the centre oval not embossed.  I traced the oval with a marker while the framelit was still on the die cut. I punched a small daisy and adhered it in the centre of the oval.  The greeting was stamped in brown and I corner rounded the 4 corners and rubbed the edges with the same marker I used for the oval.  This is one of her favorite papers.  I will post the cards later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.