this project. The teapot was cut with the Cricut - Folk Art Festival cartridge. Then I added a layer of card stock to which I added a punched border with a Martha Stewart punch. The blue card stock matched the blue in the DSP very nicely. I need to get back to it.
- Class Schedule 2017
- Card Club
- Stack Classes
- Digital Products
- Alphabet Photos
- Mixed Media Art
- Photos - Framed
- Unique Cards - Original Decorative Paper
- R2Give Cards
- R2Go Card Kits - Occasions
- R2Go Card Kits - SU Style - Occasions
- R2Go Card Kits - SU Style - Christmas
- R2Go Stack Kits - Christmas & All Occasion
- Sewing Projects
- Card Challenges
- HowTo Tutorials
Friday, August 29, 2014
Thursday, August 28, 2014
While I was stamping I made a few for myself so keep an eye out for what cards I make with these.
Monday, August 25, 2014
The card is Stampin Up True Thyme. The wings were cut in brushed gold with the SU Elegant Bird die and embossed with the SU Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. The skirt was cut from SU Holiday Thyme DSP. The head is a 1" circle punchie in Very Vanilla. The greeting was stamped in Always Artichoke with the MC from the Come to Bethlehem set on Very Vanilla. It was clear embossed. It was then punched out with the SU Modern Label punch. Another punchie of the same shape was made from the same color card stock as the card. This punchie was split in half lengthwise, the centre bump at both ends was snipped off and they were adhered behind the greeting offset top and bottom. The greeting and head were adhered to the card with 3D foam tape.
This is submitted to Hazel's Christmas Card Challenge - Anything Goes.
Sunday, August 24, 2014
Friday, August 22, 2014
Once the strips were cut I laid them side by side and taped them together on the back. I rubbed the edges with an dark green ink pad to add definition. I wrapped a piece of moss green satin ribbon across the bottom half and taped the ends to the back. I then adhered this layer to an ivory card. I used a SU Decorative Label punchie with a greeting which I rubbed it's edges with a pink ink pad. I added a velvet hydrangea and smaller silk flower to the top left hand corner held in place with a green mini brad.
The one to the right is a great image of a tea cup. I just brushed it's edges with an ink pad and left it blank to be used for any occasion.
Thursday, August 21, 2014
I made these cards for my monthly card exchange. I was working on a concept for a background. I cut stripes of double sided paper on my paper cutter then reverse every other one and reassembled the piece. The math did not quite work out so I ended up with only 6 strips instead of 7 which is an odd number and would have worked better. I will have to work on it some more. I cut down the piece to get proportion I needed for the card. Layered it onto a coordinating piece of card stock and then added to the orange card front. I added a Martha Stewart butterfly punchie in the top left hand corner and a stamped greeting in the bottom right. I used a corner punch to add a bit of something to the rectangular greeting.
Thursday, August 7, 2014
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
I made these different colors so as to offer some variety. Black, purple, turquoise and navy.
The clip art nativity is printed on vellum and trimmed. The sheet music is printed on white card stock and trimmed just a bit smaller. This is mounted to a color coordinated card. The greeting is printed and color coordinated to the card as well. I have flagged the ends and mounted it to the vellum with 3D foam tape. The double sided tape for the vellum is hidden behind the greeting to ensure it does not show.
Sunday, August 3, 2014
I found a font but I was not sure it was going to give me the antique, vintage look that blocks which have actually been inked would have. It's also not reversed letters which actual letter block would be. I thought I would give it a try anyway.
The font is LD Letterpress Inverted. After designing a background with a old wooden boards photo I added the greeting. I color printed it on white then layered it on white leaving a tiny border. I then mounted it on a medium purple card with 3D foam taper. It still needed something so I added a bling rhinestone to the dot in the exclamation mark and traced the it and the H and B with my glitter gelly roll pen. Hard to tell in the photo. I'm happy with the look but not quite
Saturday, August 2, 2014
I cut the DSP to 4 x 5.5" landscape and cut it again at 2.5" from the top so the dove piece was larger. I turned over the smaller piece and tape them back together on the back. I cut a strip of card stock which matched the card 5/8" and adhered it over the join and trimmed the ends. I glued this layer to the card front. I cut the dove with thin die by Dee's Distinctively Dove Flight from ivory card stock. Assembled the dove as the back wing is cut separately. I glued the dove over the card stock strip. I assembled the greeting which was a color printed greeting punched with the Stampin Up Word Window Always Artichoke and the Modern Label punch from the same card stock as the card.
Submitted to Christmas Card Challenge - Sparkles Creations.
Friday, August 1, 2014
We took the LRT to take shots from it but it travels way to fast to get some decent shots. It did show other colors but the blue ones were the best.
I will have to go again and this time take shot from the LRT bridge which should be a great angle.
I chose a music background that I could change it's color. I gave this one a blue hint of color. I printed it and trimmed it to be smaller than my card front. I found the nativity on Image Arcade. I made it navy and printed it onto vellum. I trimmed it to be a bit bigger than the music background. I added a color printed greeting at the top. It was printed on white card stock and then I flagged the ends. It is mounted to the card front with 3D foam tape.
I think I will make some of these in several different colors.