Sunday, August 24, 2014

R2G Card Kit - Simple Angel

Another Ready 2 Go Card Kit - SU Style.  I started with Holiday Thyme DSP which I cut into triangles. These are 3" W and 4" T.  This makes maximum use of the 12x12 sheet of DSP. They could be a little taller.  I cut the wings from brushed gold card stock 2 a time with the metallic facing itself using the Stampin Up Elegant Bird die. I embossed them with the Northern Flurry Textured Impression embossing folder. They were taped together ensuring that they were not too wide for the card. I punched the heads with a 1" circle punch from Very Vanilla card stock.  I stamped the greeting on Very Vanilla with the MC stamp from the Come to Bethlehem set in Bravo Burgundy for the red and Always Artichoke for the green since I did not have either ink color for the card stock used. I then clear embossed them.  I punched a Modern Label punchie from the same card stock as the card, split it in half lengthwise and snipped off the center bumps from both ends. I glued each half offset from the top and bottom of the greeting punchie. Once I had aligned the skirt onto the wings leaving enough room for the head I turned them over carefully and taped them together. They were then glued to the card front.  I mounted the head as planned with 3D foam tape and the greeting likewise at the bottom of the skirt.  The kit includes 2 Cranberry Crisp cards and 2 True Thyme cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.