Friday, August 22, 2014

DSP Strip Background - HB

Here's another try at the DSP Strip background. This time I cut the DSP to 4.00 x 5.25 inches then cut the strips at .75" wide.  This worked much better but it's not a scrap buster idea because you need a large piece to start.  You can see that having a centre strip the opposite color of the end ones works well.
Once the strips were cut I laid them side by side and taped them together on the back.  I rubbed the edges with an dark green ink pad to add definition. I wrapped a piece of moss green satin ribbon across the bottom half and taped the ends to the back. I then adhered this layer to an ivory card. I used a SU Decorative Label punchie with a greeting which I rubbed it's edges with a pink ink pad. I added a velvet hydrangea and smaller silk flower to the top left hand corner held in place with a green mini brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.