Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Sympathy Card - Simply Sketched with Elegant Soiree

A dear lady named Linda passed away late last week and today is her funeral.  This is the card I made for her husband.

I started with a sheet of double sided designer paper from Stampin Up Elegant Soiree collection.  The colors in this paper are Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, and Basic Grey.  I used the Simply Sketched stamp set with the sympathy option.  This one is stamped in BG on VV then the bottom is flagged with the Triple Banner punch.  I cut the sheet of 12x12 into 9 4x4 inch squares.

I made a set of five cards for her husband to use as he needs.  I ripped the square at about two thirds and ripped again a small strip to remove the white edge.  I cut the butterflies with the Sizzix Winged Beauties framelit set from VV card stock.  I added wax paper between the die and card stock to assist the removal from the die.  Works very well.  The good variety of colors in the DSP allowed three different card colors which made it a quick card making session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.