Saturday, December 16, 2017

Happy Birthday 80th

I made this card for a friend who is celebrating her 80th birthday.  I have been invited to a party for her this afternoon.

I wanted a larger card as I will include a 2018 Fridge Calendar.  I chose to make a 5x7 inch (A7) card. I started with the 3.5x5 inch photo of a pink cosmos.   I created the greeting layer and since this photo is not the same proportions of a 5x7 I had to adjust the border spaces.  I chose Regal Rose for the frame and Not Quite Navy for the greeting.  I printed the greeting layer then trimmed it close to the border. I adhered the photo above the words.

I chose a deep warm blue card and cut down the 8.5x11 to create the card.  I cut the 8.5 down to 7 1/8. Then I scored at 5 1/8th and folded then I trimmed the other half to be even with the front.

I chose to align the greeting layer with an even border on the top, left and bottom edges. That left a wider border on the right.  I decided to add some soft seam binding wrapped around the card front and tied in a knot on the left.  The greeting layer was then adhered over the ribbon onto the card front with 3D foam tape.  It adds a nice dimension to the card.

I can put an insert which measures the 5x7 on the inside and it is ready to give.  I chose a nice A7 envelope from Paper Garden - Pink Lemonade.

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.