Monday, March 23, 2020

Recent Photos

I snapped this terrific shot of a Black Capped Chickadee on my walk this week.

The river valley trail was pretty busy with people getting out of their homes because it was so nice. The stairs were tricky to navigate and still maintain social distancing.

I hope that the message is getting out that everyone should stay home unless absolutely necessary.

I have been very careful when going out to protect my hands with gloves then washing the gloves and the hands  when I get home.

I am making sure my home is a safe place to be.


I am quilting again so the slow cooker comes out so I can concentrate on that and not food prep.

I have 1.5 quart slow cooker which filled to the top makes me 4 meals.
I freeze some for another day.

I found the Cauliflower Curry when searching for slow cooker recipes.  It is an adapted recipe.

The Curried Root Veggies is a recipe I created with my experience with the cauliflower.

The recipes all have coconut milk, curry, ginger, garlic and chickpeas.





















The Silver Roadster has been on a journey and has returned safe and sound.

This photo won 3rd prize at the Juried Members Show last year.

Then, I donated it for a silent auction prize for which I was expecting a charitable receipt. I have been chasing that for nearly a year and it did not arrive.

It was placed in the auction, received bids but the person never picked it up.

My last email garnered the offer to have the photo back which I happily accepted as I was assured no receipt will be issued.

I have not had this problem before when donating my art to charities.

Sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #72 and Through My Lens #233 hosted by Mersad.

Flickr Macro Monday challenge this week is "Natural Shell" - acceptable photos would be nut shells, egg shells, sea shells, seed pods.

You can check out my photo stream and the Macro Monday submissions.

With the world situation we have a great number of submissions this week.

7 comments:

  1. A blessed mosaic Monday to you
    Thanks for sharing your photos and recipies

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those recipes look good! It's a good time to be quilting and sewing. I made a few small projects this week! Stay safe and healthy! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia - that is a terrific shot of the chickadee. He looks so sophisticated perched there. Hubby and I love curry - and he is looking for recipes that freeze well, given the circumstances. Thanks for taking the time to link to Mosaic Monday, and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I may have ingredients for the curried root vegetable dish. Dinner, tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion. Keep well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wonderful pic of the Black Capped Chickadee! Thanks for sharing the lovely recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous blend of photos and other things!


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.