Sunday, March 1, 2020

Nativity Photo Shoot - Card Samples

A friend set up a different nativity than her usual Willow Tree one this passed Christmas season. It is stained glass which is one of my favorite styles. I found out that it was her mother's and it came to her a few years ago. It was gorgeous so we arranged for me to photograph it with the idea of making Christmas cards. For her, she liked the idea that she could give personal cards to family and I loved the nativity. Win Win.  
I arrived with lights, backdrops fabrics and stand, and camera gear.  I set it up on her dining room table. It had the Holy Family, three Wisemen and 3 Shepherds which were separate pieces so it offered a good amount of flexibility in layout. It was very delicate so I had to very careful. I spent several hours using mostly natural light pouring in from her dining room window. I did run out of light in late afternoon which brought the photo shoot to an end.

Following are the cards I have prepared as samples for her.

This one on the left features the Holy Family by itself.

It is a 5x7 panel card with a 4x6 photo on the front.

The greeting was added to the photo.

A sentiment and credits have been added to the back.


This is a different photo of the Holy Family.  I love how Joseph's robe glistens.  It was printed 4x4 inches and I printed the sentiment above the photo.


It is an A2 panel with the greeting on the front and a sentiment and credits on the back.

This card features the full set including the Shepherds and the 3 Wisemen.

It was printed at 3.5x 5.00 inches and placed on an A2 card (4.25 x 5.5 inches folded at the top).

I printed the greeting at the top along with credits on the back.

This one has a quarter sheet sentiment insert adhered to the inside.

I have used 110lb white card stock in all of these cards.


This card is also an A2 with a top fold.

This photo features the Holy Family and the 3 Wisemen with a different background.

It is much warmer in tone.

This one also has a quarter sheet insert on the inside.

She will have to decide which photo she likes the most, the style of the card she prefers then I will be making Christmas cards. 

It will be so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. It will be very hard for your friend to decide. They are all wonderful. I hope you let us know which she goes with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - what a unique nativity set. And a clever idea to use it as the basis for personalized Christmas cards. I think my favorite is the Holy Family with the Three Kings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.