Sunday, July 18, 2021

Balloon Cards

I painted some balloons with watercolor.  I chose my Watercolor Wonder Crayons from Stampin Up to match the card stock I am using. 

I did draw a slight image to follow in pencil on heavy white card stock.  

I chose Always Artichoke green, More Mustard yellow and Bravo Burgundy with Cherry Cobbler red for the balloons.  

I added strings with a black permanent marker once the piece was completely dry and pressed flat.  I signed the art as well. 

I added a length of Bravo Burgundy grosgrain ribbon across the bottom o the card with ends taped to the back.  

I added a Modern Label punchie color printed greeting with a More Mustard offset to match the card base in the same color.  This was adhered with 3D foam tape.


Another balloon card.  I chose Old Olive, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy and Real Red card stock for the balloons.  

I cut them out of scraps of cardstock with my Create Cricut electronic cutting machine using the Create a Critter cartridge.   I cut them at 3", 2.75" and 2.5" inches.  I tied black thread onto them for strings.  I added white highlight spots on each of them with a white opaque marker.

Added a piece of sky designer paper which I warmed up with some warm yellow chalk pastel applied with a stipple brush and adhered to the front of an Old Olive 5x7 card base.  I then assembled the balloon bouquet with the ones farther back adhered to the sky paper, then the next ones with 1 layer of 3D foam tape then the small red one in front with 2 layers of 3D foam tape.   This adds depth to the composition.

I taped all the string to a central spot.

I added a ripped color printed greeting over the strings with 3D foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.