Saturday, July 31, 2021

Birthday Cards - Big Cards for Big Birthdays

This is a half sheet card meaning it measures 5.5 x 8.5 inches.

I started with a Very Vanilla card base.

I chose a sheet of designer paper from Springtime Vintage Series.  A lovely blue and ivory small floral print.  I cut it to leave a small border.

I added a piece of Baja Breeze Stitched Grosgrain ribbon to the top third of the card and taped the ends to the back.  It was then adhered to the card front.

I color printed a greeting on Very Vanilla card stock and cut it with one of the the Deco Label Framelits.  I then cut a textured Baja Breeze one as well.  I cut that in half and adhered them to the back of the greeting offset for the color to show.  It was adhered with 3D foam tape.

I added 3 pearl buttons in the bottom right hand corner adhered with small Zots.  A nod to the seamstress that my Mom is.


I started with felt finish printed card stock from Authentique - Remberance Collection - Remberance One.

It is printed in burgundy on warm white so I decided to just watercolor the flowers on the piece I had cut leaving a small border.  I chose More Mustard for the flowers and Always Artichoke for the leaves. This was great fun!

I added a twill ribbon of Bravo Burgundy topped with a grosgrain ribbon in More Mustard.  These were adhered to the back of the layer then adhered to the Bravo Burgundy card front.   I printed the greeting on Very Vanilla card stock and ripped the top and bottom.  I adhered it with 2 More Mustard mini brads.  This one is for my Aunt who celebrates a special birthday later this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.