Monday, July 26, 2021

Sympathy Cards

I made a few sympathy cards to include in a set of cards for my Mom's birthday.

I chose Whisper White layer trimmed to leave a small border. I stamped the Berry Branch from the Simply Sketched stamp set with black permanent ink so I could watercolor the images.

The greeting is from the same set. 

I chose Old Olive and a bit of Always Artichoke for the leaves and Marina Mist for the berries.  My sister shared from her stash of Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons a set of the bright colors.  Thanks so much. 

I adhered the layer to the front of an Old Olive card base.  

Spattered a bit of green watercolor by flicking my brush just to soften the wide open white space.

For this card I switched up the orientation to landscape and used 2 stamps from the Simply Sketched set. The Poppy and the sentiment.

I used Real Red and some Regal Rose for the poppy.

Again, a bit of spattering with a flick of my brush.  Trimmed to 4.00 x 5.25 inches to leave a small border.

The card base is Pink Pirouette.

These have had white inserts with appropriate sentiments added to the inside of the card.


The Perched Bird from the Simply Sketched set with the sympathy sentiment.

I chose to make a brown with red and green and added a breast of More Mustard.  The reeds are Always Artichoke.  I added some water below with Marina Mist.

This was cut to 2.75 x 4.25 inches.  I layered it onto a piece of brown card stock and then onto a textured card base in Ballet Blue.

Again, a bit of spattering with my brush.

I am adding these to a variety of others cards to make a set of 10 cards.  Mom who is in her eighties still makes cards but it's nice to a stash ready when she is not up to making a card.

I am looking forward to seeing her.

1 comment:

  1. Sylvia - I remember when my Mom was still alive, she needed many sympathy cards. Just the way it is at that age. Your cards are simple and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.