Saturday, April 1, 2023

Card Kits - Flowers

I volunteered to help my sister prepare card kits for my other sister`s daycare.

I first assembled the flower main accents.  Onto the yellow brad I placed a white flower sequin, then a yellow small silk flower, then a medium white one, then a pink bit larger one then a blue large silk flower.  I pressed the prongs of the brad apart on the back. I added a large Zot glue dot still on it`s release paper.

I selected the card stock to match the color of the flower accent.  Here, I choose navy blue.  The various kits feature red, green, turquoise, pink, and peach. The card base measured 11 inches wide and 8.25 inches tall. I scored it at 5.5 inches and folded in half.

I selected green plaid glitter paper to suggest the greenery for the flower.  I cut the plaid paper to 3.25 inches wide and 7 7/8 inches tall which allowed a full 9 scallops.  

The scallops were punched with a Martha Stewart border punch on both side of the strip of glitter paper.

I included a white insert measuring 5 x 8 inches and yellow envelope.

With the card already folded, the green glitter band is adhered onto the card front, the release paper is removed from the back of the flower accent and it is adhered onto the green plaid strip. The white insert is glued to the right hand side of the fold on the inside of the card.  I made 23 kits and provided 1 actual card sample and instructions for the staff. 

All put together, ready to deliver on the Easter weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.