Sunday, April 23, 2023

Card - Thank You with Bees

I made a card for my niece who passed along a great deal on a Janome Serger earlier this year. After a servicing it has been working really well. 

I wanted a card with warm tones. I found a bee graphic on line that I liked then transferred some of the elements to watercolor paper.

I watercolored the background in a light shade of Daffodil Delight. The image was painted with Daffodil Delight and More Mustard. Outlined the elements with dark grey watercolor and a fine brush.  I then created a few shadow hexagons around the outlined ones which I think worked out really well.

Once dry, I mounted the painting onto a Summer Sun card in the A6 size (just a bit smaller than half sheet size).  I placed a piece of narrow stitched grosgrain ribbon in Basic Grey around the inside of the card and taped the ends to be under the watercolor layer.  I added a Modern Label punchie greeting with a yellow offset with a grey greeting on white.  I watercolored the white punchie to be just a little less stark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.