Tuesday, April 11, 2023

It's a Tactile Show - My Submission

It's a Tactile World is a joint show with the Sculptor’s Association of Alberta and the Allied Arts Council.  We received a good number of entries from our art club so I think this will be a great show.

The reception is Saturday, April 15th 1-3 pm.

My piece is titled - Alberta Skies. 
It measures 12.5" in diameter and is about 18 inches tall.

It was woven as an abstract but when I came to title it I rotated several different ways and hung it on the wall to see what spoke to me.

This presentation made me think of our blue skies, the yellow is for sure sunshine color, some of the blues make me think of water and the wavy frilly piece makes me think of wheat or canola fields.

I  kept the colors cohesive and I am happy with how it turned out.

This is my first attempt at a weaving project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.