Friday, July 26, 2024

Pinafore Jumper - Dyed again

A year ago I made this Pinafore Jumper and dyed it with Teal.

I think I have worn it once because despite it having a good lining I just felt it was too light colored.

So this week, I decided to dye it again.  This time I chose a navy color in Tintex which I could dye in hot water but not having to put it on the stove.  I don't have a metal pan large enough.

I am very happy with the result.

There are places it is stitch with polyester thread which is white so that makes in interesting.

I would have been good to have it during the heat wave but that is how it goes.

I boiled 2 cups of water and dissolved the packet of dye in that.

I then put the hottest water I could get from the tap and put it in a 5 gallon pail.   I wet the jumper in clear water and wrung it out so it was not dripping.
I placed the jumper in the pail and added a kettle full of boiling water.

I stirred with a stick for 30 minutes.  I did add my painting shirt in then for a while.  I rinsed the jumper until the water ran clear.  Repeated the process for the Tshirt. Once both garments were wrung out as much as I could I put them in the dryer.

Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.