Monday, February 28, 2011

Card Club - Feb - Large Scallops

This is a nice soft card which would be great for a baby or sympathy card. I cut the two scallop circles with Nestabilities thin dies. They are layered and glued to the top half of the card. I added a large five petal punch which has been embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and a small five petal punch all held in place over the large scallops with a tiny white brad. I added a soft organza ribbon below the scallops. It is wrapped around the card front through a slit in the fold and knotted on the front.

The aqua centre scallop was created with paper called Invisibles! by Heidi Swapp. I bought it on clearance at my local craft store. The paper has clear embossed patterns which show up when you paint the paper with color. I used watercolor applied with a wet foam brush. Worked like a darn. I made aqua, purple and yellow paper. There were several different designs. This one is "ornate art".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.