Monday, August 13, 2012
Card - Custom 50th HB
I started with a black card. I layered a piece of copper card stock trimmed to leave a small border. I decided that with the custom elements I needed to incorporate I would use vellum and print those elements. I created a double frame over which I placed 2 flourishes from Free Vector. I placed the mixed font greeting within the frame. The 50 was cut with the Cricut with the Base Camp cartridge. I used a dry adhesive runner to glue them to vellum. I placed the vellum over the copper layer and applied a little bit of dry adhesive under the flower. I punched the flowers with the SU! Five Petal punch in black and copper. I punched a matching small one in black then held them in place with a tiny copper brad. I added 4 tiny black brads on the 4 corners of the frame. She gave me the sentiment to include on the insert and I included a white envelope.