Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Christmas Card Challenge - Aug - Accent Tags

My blog Christmas Card Challenge this month is Accent Tags.  I had decided I wanted the tags to be the central greeting for the card.  I checked my Christmas paper 12x12 tray and found one sheet of Designer Paper I thought I could work with.  I found Kraft card stock matched the tree branches. Check. I created my own tags.  I designed them in my graphics package and added red letters on them.  Then I started wondering how I could have them fit in.  I did a bit research and found I could add a custom image to my pattern fill.  So I acquired a bit of the DP with the scanner and filled my tags with it.  I gave them dark brown borders. I added a short piece of red gross grain ribbon to the top held in place with a black brad (did not have dark brown ones). I trimmed the ends in points.  These were printed on the color printer then hand cut one at a time.  I rubbed the white cut edges with a dark brown ink pad. That made them look better. I cut a 3x5.5" strip of DP and glued it across the landscape card. I found some card stock in red to match the berries in the DP.  I placed a 1.25" strip of that over the DP.  I mounted the greeting tags to the card front mounted with 3D foam tape.  Very happy with these ones.  1 sheet of 12x12 allowed me 8 cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.