Saturday, November 10, 2012

Christmas Card Stack - Felt Ornament

I started with the felt ornaments in red and navy.  I found some matching designer paper.  I added a piece of gross grain ribbon across the top of the card onto which I added a Cuttlebug ribbon slider.  I glued a color printed greeting punched with a 1" circle punch onto the slider.  I added a SU Tab punch to create a hanger for the ornament.  I punched a hole in the center of the punchie then folded it in half and pulled the string from the ornament through the hole.  I used hot glue to adhere the hanger both front and back to the ornament.  I would recommend some hot glue to hold the ornament in place as it is quite heavy and applies pressure on the ribbon.  Tie the ornament onto the ribbon, knot and trim the ends.  The ends of the ribbon have been taped to the back of the designer paper.  This full layer is then adhered to the white card front. I placed a tiny brad in the center of the greeting which will help with keeping the ribbon in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.