Monday, February 25, 2013

Card Club - Feb - Birds

I was wanting to create cards for guys. I started with some vintage bird images from Graphics Fairy.  I selected several (2 birds on a branch, stork, rooster, and cockatoo) and you see the stork here.  I printed the birds onto kraft card stock and trimmed the images to 3.25 x 5 inches.  I selected a number of colored for the accent layer including a deep cranberry, forest green, and this warm blue.  I wrapped the caramel colored seam binding around the colored layer and used some tape to hold it in place on the back and behind the bird image.  This layer was then adhered to the card front.  I then adhered the bird image over the colored layer. I tied the seam binding beside the bird layer and trimmed the ends. I color printed the greetings on caramel card stock in colors coordinating with the colored layer and punched them with an oval punch.  The greeting was adhered to the card front as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.