Monday, February 25, 2013

Card Club - Feb - Easter Tulip

With Easter early this year I was designing this card with no sign of spring.  I created the tulip with leaf die cuts.  See the next posting for How To.
I started with a purple card onto which I printed my textured background.  I added the tulip, the stem and the leaves.  The leaves were cut with the Cricut - Create a Critter cartridge at 2". The oval was cut with a SB Oval Nestabilities into a piece of white card stock trimmed to be smaller than the card front. I added a Stampin Up! Modern Label punchie in a coordinating color with a color printed greeting punched with the SU! Word Window punch.  This greeting was glued below the oval opening. The oval layer was then layered onto the card front with 3D foam tape on the 4 corners and 2 long sides.  As you can see from the pink card it makes an equally great birthday card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.