Sunday, July 7, 2013

Challenge - Santa

I made this card for the challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Long which is Santa. I chose to upcycle this old Christmas card because it presents a different view of Santa.  This is a painting by Tom Newman called Santa's Hobby.
I cut the card with the Tim Holtz Ornamental die.  I found a dark green card.  I chose an ivory layer to coordinate with the duck.  I added the ivory layer embossed with the Cuttlebug 5x7 Snowflake folder trimmed to leave a small border. I added a sentiment with the Stampin up! Modern Label and Word Window stamped in Handsome Hunter.  To repeat the ivory  I added a grosgrain ribbon in the top left hand corner held in place with a red star brad to match Santa's sweater.

1 comment:

  1. What a super Santa card - thanks for entering the CCAYR challenge this month - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.