I started with a navy card. I cut the navy snowflakes from navy flocked ribbon with Marianne Designs thin die. It's best to cut from the back side and fortunately with the snowflake it makes no difference in the result. I cut the red scallop borders with a Die-amics die. I punched holes in the scallops with my 1/8" punch. I glued the borders down first having measured the distance apart with the white layer. Then I glued the white layer over the borders. I then placed the navy flocked snowflake in the centre of the white and used a push pin to create the hole for the snowflake brad. The J and Y were cut with the Stampin Up! Typeset Alphabet Bigz dies from the same card stock as the borders. They were glued to the white layer evenly on each side of the snowflake "O". The girls really liked the turquoise one.