Friday, November 1, 2013

Christmas Card Challenge - Nov - Chipboard

The accent choice for my Christmas Card Challenge for November is Chipboard.  It could be Die cuts, Letters, Ornaments, Snowflakes, Trees, and much more.
I chose the deer chipboard leftovers from this card in Christmas Stack Class in June.
I chose a warm chocolate brown card stock and found a piece of polka dot DSP to match in the Naughty or Nice Pad from Michaels. I painted my chipboard deer with a foam brush and acrylic paint that I mixed up to match the card.  I set those aside to dry. I chose a medium green card stock that coordinated well for the background behind my deer. I die cut it with the SU Deco Labels framelits.  I stamped the die cut with the All Night Media leaf pattern stamp in a darker shade of green ink.  Once my deer were dry, they looked a little plain so I tried sprucing them up a bit.  I tried stamping them with ink but because of the acrylic paint, the ink just wiped off.  I expect Staz On ink would have worked but did not have it in the right color.  I decided to add a bit of texture to them, but you cannot run them through the Big Shot with a folder.  So this is what I did. I laid my embossing folder on the table, laid the deer paint side down and hit them with a small hammer.  Worked pretty well.  On second thought, I may have been able to put together a sandwich that would have worked in the Big Shot.  Will try that next time.  I punched a Stampin Up! Modern Label and printed a Word Window punchie with my greeting.  This was mounted with 3D foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.