Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Christmas Card Challenge - Aug - Gold Nativity

I'm getting back to my Christmas Card challenge.  For August the prompts were Gold - Nativity.

I chose a set of coordinating designer paper by Graphic 45 - Twas the Night Before Christmas Collection - Twas the Night Before Christmas stripes and HO HO HO Snowflake.

I chose a warm green card and onto which I adhered a piece of snowflake paper to the front leaving a small border.
I cut the label with the Sizzix Frame, Back Ornate #8 die from the striped designer paper. I used the Stampin Up Slot Punch to create holes for the ribbon.  I ran a piece of ivory twill tape across the label through the slot and wrapped the ends inside the card and taped them down.

I cut the nativity with the Penny Black Manger die from green card stock. I punched a piece of gold card stock with a 2 inch circle punch. I layered these together and placed it in the center of the label with a gold star brad.

I prefer the design with red cotton ribbon instead of the twill tape.  I replaced the gold star brad with a red one.

Keep an eye out as I try to catch up to the challenges I missed.  I will be adding them to the first of the appropriate month.

1 comment:

  1. What intricate cards here. I really like that Penny Black die. I am glad I am not the only one playing catch up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.