Monday, November 26, 2018

Mosaic Monday - recent photos

I attended this play last week.

I met a couple friends downtown and we had supper at the mall.  We met another friend at the theatre.

This play was presented at our local theatre. The playwrights are Lauren Gunderson and Margot Melcon.  The director was McAlear.

The story follows the Mary Bennett who is unmarried and visits her sisters at Pemberly where Elizabeth lives with husband Mr. Darcy.

Some of the story line was quite silly.  A tree in the drawing room was a curiosity.






Since I was going to be downtown I took advantage and spent several hours at the Royal Alberta Museum which finally opened Oct 3rd after being closed for several years while the new building was being constructed.

Natural History Gallery

The dioramas are there.  I love how this animals are placed in their natural environments. The paintings are so well done.



The Gem room has been put together wonderfully.

The stones are very well displayed.  The lighting is terrific, the labeling is great and there is lots of space.

This is Ammonite.  I love the red and green in this piece.

There are gems, ore, precious metals, and a bunch of wonderful stuff.



Human History Gallery











These blue and yellow dishes were produced in our province in Medicine Hat. Who knew?

A beautiful copper kettle.

The Indigenous people feature in this gallery.  There are lots of great objects to see and learn about. 
In four hours I did not cover it all.  Maybe half so I will be going back.

My body was happy to sit down and have something to eat.

I loved the visit.

Sharing with Mosaic Monday #4 hosted by Angie at Letting Go of the Bayleaf.

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting and creative. I like
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since I've been to a museum. The Human History Gallery sounds interesting. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The play sounds neat. We always went to plays during the holidays when I was a girl. And I love going to museums like that...so much to see and think about later! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvia - how wonderful that they re-opened the museum - looks like it was worth the wait. I would enjoy the native people exhibit - always fascinating. Thanks for sharing your recent excursions with all the Mosaic Monday readers! Advent is about to start - hope you have a blessed season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sylvia! Thanks for your visit to my Mosaic Monday post. The play sounds interesting. Love Pride and Prejudice, well not really but you know what I mean. The museum looks wonderful. I'm sad that I walked past the Royal Albert in London without going in... Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous stone, all sparkly red and green. It has me thinking of human cells, if they had colors.
    I've always thought Mary Bennett would make an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.