Monday, May 6, 2019

Recent Photos

I found this Robin at the very top of an evergreen tree.  I could hear it but it took me a while to find it.  I always look in the tree but generally the birds are up high taking in the rising sun!

One and half hours this morning for my walk because it was above 0C for a change.  Last week it was freezing at -4C and I have found that as the sun comes over the horizon it gets colder.  Gloves and tuques last week wonderful temps this week!

One of my challenges on Flickr was fences so I found quite a few this morning.

I created a mosaic with three that I shot on my walk.




I have said for years I would not start quilting but I have capitulated.  I did make several in my 20's but it has been years.

Now that card making has gone to the way side I have to have something.  I have all this fabric I bought for aprons which was a bust.

Now, I will be making a few quilts for trauma victims.

I was able to find at mat at the ReUse center, blades for my ancient rotary cutter, a selection of fabrics and a large square quilt ruler.

I am going to be using the Quilt As You Go Method.  I will post a photo when I am done.

This Dark Eye Junco was also filling the air with its song on my walk.  It has a chirping sound so I thought it was a Chirping Sparrow but when I downloaded it, it was a bird of a different feather.

Lovely bird sitting high in a tree and nice to spot as the trees have little leaves yet.













The challenge at Flickr Macro Monday was Four Elements - Fire, Air, Water and Earth. 

I chose Fire and Water in this shot.  You can check out this link to see the one I submitted as I was able to get earth in there as well.

I am sharing with

Angie at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf who hosts Mosaic Monday #26.

Mersad at Through My Lens #190.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Great shots! My favorite is of the robin up high. That one's like a painting. That's cool of you to make quilts for others. Something for me to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - your pictures of the Robin and Junco are first rate. I am also trying to do a lot of bird-watching before the leaves make it more difficult! I follow so many quilting bloggers that I am often tempted to start quilting when I see their beautiful creations. So, you will be joining a fine cadre of folks. As for me, I have plenty of other projects to keep me busy, so I will look forward to seeing your quilt! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always said I will learn to quilt when I get older. Hmmmm....now that I'm 'here' I'm not sure. I think it's wonderful that you'll make these for trauma patients. Hospice volunteers make quilts for the patients at the Legacy house where I volunteer. It sure makes the rooms nicer with the handmade quilts. It's nice to have different projects to work on! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.