Friday, May 31, 2019

Photo Blogging Challenge - My Choice

I found this Grey Shrike-Trush Grey Catbird near my home this month.

It is a new one for my Bird Photo List.  When I saw the red just below her tail I quickly assumed it was a Robin.  But the beak was not right as it was dark and a Robin beak is yellow.

So, the research began.  With the internet things are so easy to look up and I quickly found that it was a shrike and not a robin.






 

 I visited the Clifford Lee Nature Sanctuary this month.

It has wetlands and boardwalks through the forest and along side the water.

A road trip was undertaken as it is a few miles out of the city.  Well worth the visit.

There was a tussle between two Canada Geese and you can see the wings and water flying!









Oil on Water is an upcoming challenge so I decided I should get started early this week as there is some set up required.

I searched the web for some tutorials.  This one by Visual Arts Photography is the my choice to base my set up on.

Once set up then you can easily change out the background and keep shooting.   I use scrapbook paper, game boxes, and colorful advertisements.   Anything colorful will work.

When I used the Blokus pieces with great primary colors I was happy with the results.

This shot is a paper tole sheet.

I am working on getting a great photo for the a show later this year.

One of my challenges in May was water drops so I set out with my water bottle to find a sunlight dandelion.

We have huge forest fires burning here this month and there has been very little rain hence bringing my own H2O.

Love this shot against the blue sky.









I found this flower on one of my longer walks this month.

It is a Pasque Flower.   I love the purple color and the texture on it's surface.

It is quite a large flower but I like the bell shape of the it.


May's theme was our choice so I shared some of my favorite pics from May.


Sharing with the Photo Blogging Challenge hosted by PJ.




4 comments:

  1. Great nature pictures!
    "Oil on water" wow, sounds like a tough challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your shots, the oil one really stuck out. its not something usually photographed to it really had an interesting feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the photos you captured for the month. Nicely done. I like the nature photos especially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm joining the June challenge and thought I'd pop around the May participants to see everyone's style. Great job by the way. I love nature photography, especially flowers, trees and wildlife. The oil on water sounds like a big challenge and interesting as well.
    Dawn ~ Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.