The Christmas cards I receive each year a few include some with glitter. Gorgeous cards that sparkle and glitter. When it's time to take them down what to do with them? For this card the bird was cut from the glitter card mosaic. The wing was cut with the Cricut and the Create a Critter cartridge then I embossed it with the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl folder. I added a definition to the beak with a marker and used a white brad for the eye. I punched the branch with the Stampin Up Build Up Bird punch from white card stock. I chose a piece of aqua polka dot designer paper and adhered it to the black card front. I adhered the mosaic bird to the card front then adhered the wing and the branch. I added a greeting with a black SU Modern Label punchie and a Word Window greeting. These are adhered together then mounted to the card front with 3D foam tape. Sending these to my card exchange buddies.
Glitter Card Mosaic Technique
I spent some time with my sister Therese on the weekend and she came up with the idea of a glitter card mosaic. Check her cards out.
1. Collect the cards.
2. Cut the card fronts into squares. We chose .75" which is the width of the spacer on the paper cutter.
3. Layout the squares on a contrasting card stock until you have something appealing.
4. Glue the square down and press overnight is best.
5. We cut several holes with die cut machine to assess the placement on our mosaic.
6. I traced the shape of this post it bird on the back of the card stock.
7. Create a project with the cut out. I made a card.
Sharing this post with Mosaic Monday #23 hosted by Maggie at Normandy Life.