Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Recently

My work is progressing on my art work for the gallery show.  I now have a plan.

I cut felt with Sizzix Flower Layers #10 in three colors - purple, turquoise and light blue.  I took them to the ladies group last night and sat with needle and thread. I put stitching on the large ones and chose to put glass e-beads in the center as you can see on the inset. 

I am working on coloring my background and have determined with colors are permanent.

I have installed a command hook in the kitchen for my apron.  It is very near the electrical panel and I was concerned about putting nails in the wall.  This option makes it safe and changeable.

It is now ready for my sunflower apron so I need to put that project on the to do list.

I was inspired by the creative process I have used for the art show.  It lead to my painting this water color of a lady holding a red umbrella during a summer rain. 

I tried salt to create the rain drops but did not work so well so when I got home I added spattered blue spots with a paintbrush snapped against a stick.  I did it from quite high up and I am happy with the results.


I am happy several projects are moving forward so every day has new things to do and try.

1 comment:

  1. You've been busy and motivating me to get going too! I especially love your felt bits, which are so very pretty. I've been working on an umbrella girl as well -- different but the back of the brolly is similar! Keep sharing -- its such fun to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.